Easy Digital Downloads – Vendor Order Exporter is a free, but powerful Frontend Submissions extension that adds export capabilities to the vendor dashboard, enabling your sellers to download order data specific to them by month and year, similar to websites such as Etsy and Themeforest.
The exported CSV files contain comprehensive consolidated customer, payment, tax and commission data on a per-item basis. Simply put, everything you see as a store admin can be made available to your vendors within the exported report – perfect for building a ‘pure’ and transparent marketplace business.
Lightweight – Bloat-free, secure, and lightweight (only 66kb) with only the required options included. Just install, tweak some basic disclosure settings, and your vendors can start downloading order data direct from their dashboard!
Comprehensive Reporting – The exported CSV files contain the following data by default, but specific sections (such as customer or payment metadata) can be disabled via the plugin settings.
- Payment ID
- Date/Time (Incl. Timezone)
- Customer Name
- Customer Email Address
- Customer ID
- Customer Username
- Customer Display Name
- Street Address Line 1
- Street Address Line 2
- Zip / Postal Code
- Country Name
- State / Province
- Download ID
- Download Title
- Payment Gateway
- Purchase Key
- Transaction ID
- Payment Status
- Discount Code
- Tax Rate
- Seller Fee
- Commission Amount
- Commission Rate
- Commission Status
- Commission ID
- Order Notes
- Site Name
Commissions Integration – Since most marketplaces will be awarding vendors “commissions” on a per sale basis, the associated commission amount, rate, and status are included within the exported report. This makes it easy for vendors to see how much they have earned for each individual product sale, due to the payment and commission records being seamlessly linked. Similarly, vendors can see which commissions are paid, unpaid, or revoked. Optionally, commission data can be excluded from the export via the plugin settings if desired.
The Easy Digital Downloads – Commissions plugin is not required to use this extension.
Complete Data Control – For a variety of business, data protection and security reasons you might not want your vendor to obtain all of the customer or payment information, which is why we have included the following settings that allow you to disable specific sections of data from being included within the report.
- Disable Customer Data – Removes personally identifiable customer data from the exported CSV file. The customer username, country, and state are still included for support and taxation purposes.
- Disable Payment Meta – Removes Payment Gateway, Key, and Transaction ID metadata from the exported CSV file.
- Disable Tax Data – Removes Tax Rate and Amount from the exported CSV file.
- Disable Commission Data – By default If the Easy Digital Downloads Commissions plugin is installed, the associated commission data is included. You can, however, disable the data completely by checking this option.
- Enable Unique Identifiers – Enables Download, Customer, and Commission IDs on the exported CSV file. Useful for debugging and support purposes.
- Enable Username – Enables Username column on the exported CSV file. Useful for customer identification and support purposes.
- Enable Service Fee – Enables an optional “Service Fee” column which calculates the commission amount the store charges its vendors for facilitating the transaction (similar to Envato, Etsy, etc.). The service fee calculation is based on the Easy Digital Downloads – Commissions Calculation Base setting.
Translation ready – Vendor Order Exporter is fully translation-ready and contains a POT file to get you started!
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Is the plugin available in my native language?
Answer: Vendor Order Exporter includes the (UK) English international localization files. We have, however, included a POT file to get you started translating into the language of your choice!
We always welcome language translation submissions, so if you translate one of our plugins into your native language, please send us the translation file for inclusion in a future release. We credit all submissions.
Vendor Order Exporter was originally built for our own business purposes, due to this we cannot guarantee the data exported is 100% accurate, valid or free from errors.
Our plugins are released under the GPL2 license and provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, expressed, or implied. We shall not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages or losses that occur due to the use or inability to use our plugins.
This plugin was developed in collaboration with my good friend Gary Connell – without his expertise it wouldn’t be available today.
Because Vendor Order Exporter was released during our “One Plugin Per Week” challenge, we were unable to fit all the features we planned into the initial release. We do, however, plan to continue supporting and updating the plugin over time, including adding new features and user suggestions.
Here are some features we plan to implement in future releases:
- Simple Shipping Integration – Incorporate the simple shipping data into the exported data.
- Admin Integration – Make it possible for store owners to download the same data the vendors can from the Easy Digital Downloads Frontend Submissions vendor card view.
Download Easy Digital Downloads – Order Notes
To begin, simply download Easy Digital Downloads – Vendor Order Exporter, activate it, and start building your dream marketplace!
= 1.0.0 =
* Initial release